Situated at the entrance to the main house, Gilmerton Lodge is a beautiful period cottage which has been impeccably renovated to the highest standard, retaining and enhancing many of the original features. The lodge offers luxury self- catering accommodation and provides an excellent base for exploring the beautiful countryside, stunning coastline and many attractions the area has to offer. Known as Scotland’s golf coast, East Lothian has an abundance of golf courses, which are all in easy reach.
Overview of the Lodge
- Living Area - The property is accessed via double French doors into the delightful, light filled open plan living, dining and kitchen area with stone flagged floor. The stylish seating area provides a perfect place to relax with family and friends with the central focal point being the impressive log burning stove. There is also a large flat screen TV. The kitchen has been fitted to the highest quality and includes fully fitted fridge freezer, electric hob, eye level oven and microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. The dining table can accommodate up to six guests.
- Master Bedroom - The master bedroom is an exquisite room, full of character, with a king size bed, an elegant seating area, and a built in wardrobe offering ample storage. The en-suite shower room is bright and spacious with WC, wash basin and a large walk in shower.
- Bedroom 2 - This is a lovely, spacious room with a king size bed and built in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 - A charming room, with a built in wardrobe, this room offers great flexibility as the king size zip-link bed can easily be converted into twin beds.
- Family Bathroom - The generously proportioned bathroom has retained many of its original features. It has a WC, wash basin, magnificent roll top bath and separate walk in shower.
- Outside Space – There is a pleasant patio area which acts as a perfect sun trap, an extensive garden and plentiful parking.
- Arrival from 2pm and departure by 11am
- 25% non refundable and non transferable deposit is required to secure your reservation. The remaining balance of the reservation will be charged 7 days before arrival. All deposits are non-refundable
- Payment can be made by credit card or sent by BACS
- Included in the price are electricity, heating, Freeview TV, linen, towels, welcome toiletries and Wi-Fi
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer in each bedroom
- No smoking and no stag or hen parties and strictly no fireworks
- Well behaved pets are welcome
- No amplified music to be brought and used
- Guests are expected to respect our local community at all times
The lodge can be hired on a weekly basis or per night. The minimum stay is two nights. Additionally, the Lodge can provide further accommodation for guests hiring Gilmerton House for overnight functions. Please contact us with your requirements and we will advise you of the best rate available.
For further information and bookings, please email email@example.com or call on 01620 880 342.